Recomend Us to your Friends and Fellow Thomas Modellers

 photo Recommend_this_Site_zpse1eb53e3.gif

Sunday 17 February 2013

Stick in the Mud - now here!


The Railway Inspector Studios is proud to present, a classic story from The Railway Series by The Rev. W. Awdry. Adapted and Told by Owen Hayward.



Owen writes:

"I am proud (if you can call it that) to finally release a project I have been working furiously on for about 2 months or so now.
Based on the Thomas The Tank Engine books by the late Reverend Wilbert Awdry, 'Stick In The Mud' tells the story of the two oldest engines on the Island of Sodors' narrow gauge railway- Skarloey and Rheneas, and what happened when they first arrived to the crumbling old lines.

Taken from the book 'Very Old Engines', this story had to be heavily adapted to allow for production constraints, as well as keeping the writing to, what I hope feels like, a classic TV episode appearance and atmosphere. For example, I found that the original episodes were all 5 minutes 35 seconds in length, so had to ensure that this story matched that timing. The original book also saw Skarloey comes to the line without a cab. As removing this would have damaged my only model I had to cut this aspect of the story out to retain continuity.
I have to admit, it was an interesting project to undertake. I'm looking at possibly animating the other stories from the book as well, of which there are three more. But until then, I hope you enjoy my work shown here".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Posting Rules:

- No Spamming/Replying to Spam
- No Flaming (Insulting)
- All Posts Must Be In English
- No Trolling (Arguing or Drama)
- Swearing must not be used in an abusive or threatening manner!


We reserve the right to remove all unwanted comments left on blog posts, you are solely responsible for your own actions when posting comments!