This stuff is ideal for these projects, it melts the plastic so that a strong bond is given between the joints, and holds it firmly in place. Once the block was created, the only thing left to make then was the crane arm, which currently is unfinished, but will be once the last few parts arrive from Hong Kong.
For the crane arm, I've made it similar to my friend Skarloeyfan's model, with the exception that I've added a small handle to the winch wheel, so it will make it easier to lift and lower objects. :)
HARVEY THE CRANE ENGINE
WORK IN PROGRESS PHOTOS
(Batch No. 2)
And here are the photos, with the unfinished crane arm.
So far, he is looking more like the real thing, and hopefully, it won't be too much longer, before he is ready to undergo the painting stages. The livery has not yet been decided, but i am currently looking at illustrations to see whether his red matches the illustration of Sixteens in the book 'Wilbert the Forest Engine', they both look similar, but suggestions are also welcome and would be helpful. :)
That's all for now folks, i will have more updates posted on his progress soon!